Academy of Art University, San Francisco, CA
Mac Support Specialist L2, 06.2013 - Present
Information Technology Department, Mac Systems Group. Member of a 7-person team servicing 750 Computers and thousands of users in classrooms, offices, and labs spread across the Academy’s distributed campus (15+ buildings).
- Support a user-base with diverse needs, high turnover and demand for fast response-time.
- Rapidly ingest, image and customize desktops and laptops for use in a variety of deployment scenarios leveraging Deploy Studio, the Casper Suite and Apple Servers.
- Leverage scalable Casper management system to manage configurations of company assets, tailoring settings and functionality to departments, classrooms, and individuals.
- Support Mac Servers providing point-of-sale, Open Directory, File Sharing, Profile Manager, networked diagnostics, NetInstall services.
- Train users to operate Mac OS X, Microsoft Office, fileservers, networked databases, VPN connections, and creative applications including the Adobe Creative Cloud 2014 Suite.
- Diagnose and repair Mac desktops and laptops in-house.
- Configure Peripherals including Printers, Copiers, Projectors, Graphics Tablets and Networked Peripherals.
Lead Music Technician, 02.2010 – 06.2013
School of Music Production and Sound Design for Visual Media. Headed the Lab Technician staff that grew the school from a single classroom with 25 students to 7 classrooms, 8 studios and labs, and over 300 students.
- Supervise Lab Technician staff and coordinate day-to-day operations of studios and classrooms.
- Responsible for department technical infrastructure including a file server, Profile Management, image design and deployment and coordination with Academy IT departments.
- Coordinate curriculum development by meeting with faculty course-writers, drafting syllabi, and processing administrative tasks.
- Provide technical assistance for students, teachers, and staff both in and out of classroom setting.
- Contribute to annual budget process by researching assets, procuring vendor quotes, and drafting equipment and facilities budget.
- Codify, document and created, as-needed, internal procedures and protocols defining asset management, staff scheduling, classroom support and troubleshooting workflow.
- As an Instructor in Digital Audio Workstations, create syllabus, lesson plans, assignment assets. Teach entry-level students the Pro Tools software toolset and workflow.
- Maintain fluency in Audio Editing Platforms including Pro Tools, Logic Pro and Ableton Live. Track updates and feature changes to major audio software and digital asset packages in use at the Academy for future budgets and deployment.
Hudson Entertainment, Redwood City, CA
Mobile Media Editor, 06.2008 – 02.2011
Part of a 4-person team that licensed, edited, and delivered over 20,000 ringtones and video clips to digital storefronts serving mobile devices.
- Utilize batch-processes and Pro Tools audio editing software to edit clips, create censored audio versions, and prepare assets for delivery.
Audio Visual Management Solutions, Napa, CA
Audio Visual Tech, 10.2008 – 03.2009
Delivered top-tier audio and video technology rentals and operations for complex private and corporate events in Napa and surrounding areas.
- Set up and operate video presentation and conferencing technology, audio systems, and designed-lighting.
- Provide professional, customer-focused support to executive clients in single and multi-day events.
Third Ear Sound, San Leandro, CA
Stage Hand, 03.2008 - 02.2009
Provided professional audio services at events and concerts throughout Northern California.
- Prepare equipment sets for events, set up and test sound systems and assist Engineers during shows.
- Organize warehouse of equipment and perform repairs and ongoing maintenance of carpentry, electronics and cabling.
Education & Training
Bloc.io Online Bootcamp
Ruby on Rails Development
Bloc.io, 05.2015 - 01.2016
Ex’pression College for Digital Arts
B.A.S in Sound Arts
Emeryville, CA, 05.2006 - 09.2008
University of California Berkeley
B.A. in Linguistics
Berkeley, CA, 09.2003 - 05.2006
- Apple Certified Mac Technician (ACMT) 12.2013
- Apple Certified Support Professional (ACSP 10.8) 11.2013
- Apple Certified Technical Coordinator (ACTC 10.8) 11.2013
- Ruby on Rails development
- Technical Troubleshooting
- Mac OSX and Apple Hardware
- Remote Management of clients and servers
- Audio Visual systems and software
- HTML, CSS, Sass, HAML
- Ruby Gems and Frontend Frameworks
- API integrations in Rails
- Command Line operations
- Git and Github
- Automated Testing in Rspec
- Bundling a module in a Ruby Gem
- Sublime Text, Command Line
- iOS development, Swift
- JS frameworks